We’re now just short of one month away from the event, so it’s time to clarify your intentions. Remember, if your intention is to come, please record it as a yes. We understand last-minute mechanical issues and weather restrictions, but now is when we need to start getting some hard attendance data.
1. We made arrangements with the Melbourne Hilton Rialto Place for $109.00 per night, plus tax. Call reservations at 800-445-8667 and reference TMGA as the booking code or use this link: http://bit.ly/1puzFLE to book directly. The hotel is very close to the Melbourne Airport and about 15 minutes from the beach. They have a shuttle bus but we’ll be having some internal vehicles for our own shuttling. See below for personal car rental services. IMPORTANT: you should book the Hilton right away. We have a block lock only through 3/15. If you think there is a chance you can come, book now. You may cancel up to 24 hours before arrival with no charge. Telephone/email NOW!
2. We’ll be setting up some fun dinners at restaurants for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but they won’t be of the closed-group type we’ve had at other fly-ins. Knowing the number of participants coming to Melbourne, and when, will help us with the reservations. Dinner payments will be the responsibility of each participant. Specifics to come.
3. Flying in to Melbourne (MLB). Tell Melbourne Tower "Parking Atlantic Jet Center" on initial call to the tower. Atlantic Jet center has tie downs for $8/night waived with a fuel purchase. Jim Lee, Phoenix dealer and our “boots on the ground” in Melbourne, has some hangar space reserved for $20/night for those who want this option. Contact Jim directly on this: email@example.com
4. If you want to reserve your own car for personal transportation, there are numerous options at Melbourne Airport. I checked via the website “Kayak” and rates for the period April 7 - 10 are the the $90 to $120 range for the period; numerous major rental firms.
5. Registration fee for the fly-in is $25 for the aircraft and pilot, plus $10 for co-pilot or each non-flying participant. Since we’re not setting up for pre-paid dinners or activities, I’ll just collect the fee at the fly-in via our Square.
6. Fly-out activities - At this time we’re still planning on doing the Space Center fly-by and the Sun N Fun excursion. Jim Lee will be setting this up but he’s at a soaring contest now and we’ll get more intel out shortly.
7. Non-flying Activities - There’s plenty to do in the Melbourne area: land tour of the Space Center, Disney World and other “destination locations”, and of course the beach. If anyone wants to do these activities, drop me a personal note and I’ll work on some coordination.
Please advise if you will be getting your own car. Also, please send me a personal note about your attendance status, and update the information on the website excel spreadsheet.
I’ll be on site Thursday. My cell number is: 1.916.715.9666