Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Just got an e-mail from Pure flight.

This company has purchased the complete production of Phoenix aircraft,

The goal is to increase production capacity and improve customer support for these unique aircraft.

They also wrote that they are preparing interesting modifications for ONix and Phoenix aircraft

• Registered
Eric Greenwell

Can you post the entire content of the email? I didn't get one, and neither website mentions anything about the purchase.

mikeschumann

I had a chat with Tom Zidek the other day.  He is one of 4 European Phoenix owners who are taking over the factory.  They are initially focused on restarting part and airplane production.  Very good news for Phoenix owners around the world.

• Registered
Eric Greenwell

I did not know/recall production was halted. When did that happen? What is the status of the factory, the employees, Martin, etc? Is Pure Flights intent to resume Rotax Phoenix production, or just for the electric Phoeniix?

• 3 weeks later...
Barry.h

Does anyone understand what is going on with PureFlight? Their announcement says they are taking over the Phoenix, but any questions about the Phoenix are getting diverted. They have just bounced me over to Jim since my aircraft was sold through Jim.

On facebook, after announcing "PURE FLIGHT has purchased the complete production of PHOENIX aircraft." they then reply to one questions with "Our company PURE FLIGHT has nothing to do with the situation at Phoenix Air."

I am very confused....

Who holds the LSA certification now? Who will make spares?

Is it just me that is confused and concerned?

Barry Hendy 

#21 in Australia

Barry.h

I got a more detailed reply from Petr at Pure Flight - and it is encouraging. He said:

Company Pure Flight s.r.o. purchased a part of a production plant from company Phoenix Air s.r.o.. Due to this transaction Pure Flight owns all rights for production Airplane U-15 Phoenix. The production of Rotax version running and will continue. All means of production are in our possession.

Company Phoenix Air owns nothing about U15 Phoenix. No Rights for certification and production. 

I asked if that means Pure Flight now carries the responsibility for the LSA certification and the associated safety systems - and he replied:

It should be like you write. We will check it with an authorities end of this month. After that we will know if we will have to add some tests or info.

So it appears Pure Flight are actively distancing themselves from Phoenix Air (the company) but are taking full resposnibility for the U15 and its certification processes and support. (phew)

I think some of the (my) confusion has come from misunderstanding what we mean when we say 'Phoenix" - the company or the aircraft.