Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Website Overhaul Dec 26 - It May Fail (But it Didn't)

Steve Sliwa

Sorry to report that the expense and effort to keep this community website up and going in the face of all of the security breaches (Russians, Chinese, hackers, etc.) is to great to warrant continuing.

Make copies of any content you want before then.

Edited by Steve Sliwa
website not shutting down after all

• Registered

Thanks the warning, Steve, and thanks for keeping it going as long as you did. It's a nice web site, easy to use - too bad there wasn't more use of it. Jan and I enjoyed the events, particularly at Cottonwood. We'll get our copies, and probably move to a Google Group.

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this site while googling about a Taifun I'm looking at buying. Looks like this site is exactly what I was looking for, and then I ran across this thread. 

I run another forum for RC Models and would be happy to host your forum on our server. We run a little different software, but sho9uld be able to port things over and give this forum a new home. I'd hate to see it go away. You can see my RC forum, just search for Aloft Forums. You will find no advertising and open and friendly discussion. Can easily give the TMGA their own domain on our server.  And if you want to stay onboard and run the site, and we can do the heavy lifting, that would be great too. We are pretty good at keeping the spammers and hackers off our server. 

Since we already have the server space, it should not cost us much to keep the site up and running. We are currently upgrading our server for more storage and better performance, so it would be a good time. 

Hit me up if this is of any interest. Please don't let this site die. And please don't put it on Facebook. Yuk!

• Registered

Hello Rotozuk, your offer sounds excellent! I sent a message to Steve Sliwa, the site manager, and he should be contacting you soon.

Eric Greewell

• Steve Sliwa changed the title to Website Overhaul Dec 26 - It May Fail (But it Didn't)