Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Multi Passengers and Other Info

johndeere

Wow, after reading all that, I'm getting dizzy in regs, lol. But all I do know, correct me if I'm wrong after reading it and trying to remember it, the experimental category, it's up to the builder, aka, me, or anyone for that matter, to say that this 6 (or 8) seater plane with long wing's a motorglider which fit tmg and ifr equipped? That's quite a mouthful. So, simply put, it's up to the builder to classify it, in a manner of speaking?

Wow, after reading all that, I'm getting dizzy in regs, lol. But all I do know, correct me if I'm wrong after reading it and trying to remember it, the experimental category, it's up to the builder, aka, me, or anyone for that matter, to say that this 6 (or 8) seater plane with long wing's a motorglider which fit tmg and ifr equipped? That's quite a mouthful. So, simply put, it's up to the builder to classify it, in a manner of speaking?

• 1 year later...

Hello all. Came across a site unexpectedly when searching for something else (always happened, which is the way I like it, lol). An article by Ed Burkhead, I remembering reading about it a while back with a subject on Chuck Scrivner Glider Documentation, I don't even remember reading this online, of course it's been a while. Here's the link to the site on this: http://edburkhead.com/Challenger/glider/motorglider1.htm. As far as I'm concern, there's no criteria on EAB aircraft for 2 seat only, only "TYPE CERTIFICATION" and does not apply to experimental, so anyone can shove 4, 6, 8 seat in there and fly your friends once you pass the airworthy flight test requirement stuff. Put a little more span to give it some glide performance to acceptable level for the given plane gross weight and have fun. Even a Spaceship One by Burt Rutan of Scale Composite is a 3-4 seater (either 2 or 3 passengers in the back beside the pilot, don't remember) and classified it as a glider with a very short wing, it can glide, probably wholeheartedly better than a 4:1 glide ratio space shuttle and a chance to get it right on the way down to land, unlike the shuttle, which you have 1 shot or less to do it right. Anyway, there's no criteria you must follow to be classified as glider in experimental category, it can be anything you want. Hmm, a flying old fashion wooden outhouse with toilet paper (fake one) streaming from beside it, anyone...LOL (joking, but could be done if one have nerve). As far as I'm concern, anything can be done if you work for it (beside the old fashion outhouse, unless one want to go that far). I'll also keep an eye on anything that might be useful and put it here, like I did that site I linked you to. Catch you later.

P.S.: If you can't get the site to open, let me know and tell me which format you wish to use for other to be able to read it, I can copy and paste it as pdf if one wish it. I copy and past and save it as pdf, it's on my phone for later read.

Hello all. Came across a site unexpectedly when searching for something else (always happened, which is the way I like it, lol). An article by Ed Burkhead, I remembering reading about it a while back with a subject on Chuck Scrivner Glider Documentation, I don't even remember reading this online, of course it's been a while. Here's the link to the site on this: http://edburkhead.com/Challenger/glider/motorglider1.htm. As far as I'm concern, there's no criteria on EAB aircraft for 2 seat only, only "TYPE CERTIFICATION" and does not apply to experimental, so anyone can shove 4, 6, 8 seat in there and fly your friends once you pass the airworthy flight test requirement stuff. Put a little more span to give it some glide performance to acceptable level for the given plane gross weight and have fun. Even a Spaceship One by Burt Rutan of Scale Composite is a 3-4 seater (either 2 or 3 passengers in the back beside the pilot, don't remember) and classified it as a glider with a very short wing, it can glide, probably wholeheartedly better than a 4:1 glide ratio space shuttle and a chance to get it right on the way down to land, unlike the shuttle, which you have 1 shot or less to do it right. Anyway, there's no criteria you must follow to be classified as glider in experimental category, it can be anything you want. Hmm, a flying old fashion wooden outhouse with toilet paper (fake one) streaming from beside it, anyone...LOL (joking, but could be done if one have nerve). As far as I'm concern, anything can be done if you work for it (beside the old fashion outhouse, unless one want to go that far). I'll also keep an eye on anything that might be useful and put it here, like I did that site I linked you to. Catch you later.

P.S.: If you can't get the site to open, let me know and tell me which format you wish to use for other to be able to read it, I can copy and paste it as pdf if one wish it. I copy and past and save it as pdf, it's on my phone for later read.