Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

R/C modeling project

soarguy

Hello all,

I am gathering materials for a scale modeling project; having purchased a kit of the Super Dimona and judged it to be very basic at best, I would like to ask for help. If anyone has, or can get close to, a Super Dimona and would be willing to provide a 'walk around' type of grouping of photos, I would appreciate it a great deal. I know that there were several variants of the aircraft, so a bit of focus would be needed. Please contact me if there is interest in this project.

Thanks, and best to all,

Charles

Hello all,

I am gathering materials for a scale modeling project; having purchased a kit of the Super Dimona and judged it to be very basic at best, I would like to ask for help. If anyone has, or can get close to, a Super Dimona and would be willing to provide a 'walk around' type of grouping of photos, I would appreciate it a great deal. I know that there were several variants of the aircraft, so a bit of focus would be needed. Please contact me if there is interest in this project.

Thanks, and best to all,

Charles

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Barry,

Unfortunately, no...

It's a very long story, but the short version is that I found a source of photos of the aircraft that I wanted to model. The owner and aircraft are/were in Australia. All looked good until the poor fellow experienced major health issues, and could not continue.

The kit I had was a 'typical' China-made waste of about $150.00; aledged to be an "ARF" kit, the quality was so poor that I shelved it for a while, then tried to work with it later, and found the dimensions were WAY off... a real disapointment. So, I packed up all my scale documentation [sans photos] and went on to other things.

The fire still burns, though if I am to do it, it will require a total scratch build, from pencil and paper thru to the first flight. I may still have a go yet...!

Thanks for the inquiry, and my apology for not seeing it much sooner.

Charles