Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Collection of Rotax Forum Feeds

Newshound

We completed a top over haul of out 912 ULS with new pistons, cleaned and lapped valves, engine runs great but we are leaking oil between the head and cylinder barrel at the through bolts. We found a service bulletin for gadgets/o-rings on the through bolt between the cylinder barrel and block. We install the o-rings but we still have the leak.

We are stumped. wassat.png

More...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Newshound

• Steve Sliwa

• Michael Haisten

• Gfeldman

Assuming the idle rpm is fine, is there any harm (other than doing some potentially unnecessary work) to checking the carburetor synchronization periodically by doing the first steps of the pneumatic synchronization check and skipping the mechanical synchronization steps? In other words, can I just periodically check the synchronization pneumatically, and then if the carbs are out of sync, start at the beginning with mechanical synchronization?

Bob

More...

Assuming the idle rpm is fine, is there any harm (other than doing some potentially unnecessary work) to checking the carburetor synchronization periodically by doing the first steps of the pneumatic synchronization check and skipping the mechanical synchronization steps? In other words, can I just periodically check the synchronization pneumatically, and then if the carbs are out of sync, start at the beginning with mechanical synchronization?

Bob

More...

I just picked up my customers Lambada with a 912 UL 80 hp and after warm up it shows only 2 bar of oil pressure. That is the absolute bottom of the green arc. This is the first time I flew it today. I suspect it has been this way for its life time. I have not had time to look at a manual as yet. So, I am hoping for some idea before I get started on it. Any help appreciated.

More...

I just picked up my customers Lambada with a 912 UL 80 hp and after warm up it shows only 2 bar of oil pressure. That is the absolute bottom of the green arc. This is the first time I flew it today. I suspect it has been this way for its life time. I have not had time to look at a manual as yet. So, I am hoping for some idea before I get started on it. Any help appreciated.

More...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know when rotax will begin producing new carburetor floats for the 912? They have stopped production due to float defect that allows it to become saturated with fuel. All engines made since 2012 are affected.

George Feldman