Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Current Service Bulletins

Tom Clary

Hi Ed, 

#54 (43TC) is getting a condition inspection.  Are there any service bulletins I should know about?  If so please let me know.  In general, how should I check for this on-line.  I do not see a place for it on the Phoenix USA website and I also am not able to connect to the CZ website.  Has the URL changed?

Tom

Hi Tom,

As of a few weeks ago, no airframe bulletins.  I'll email tonight and should get an answer tomorrow.  As far as you engine goes, depends on your serial #.  Your mechanic should be checking on that.  www.rotaxowner.com is a good place to check.

Robert and Ed, 

Thank you. 

I am still new to this so I appreciate your support. 

By the way, I guessing that I have the only purpose built trailer for the Phoenix in the US.  So far I have not used it.  The original concept was for my wife and I to tow #54 to different parts of the country and fly there for a month at a time.  It has taken me more time then I expected to feel comfortable in landing in non ideal cross winds.  

As a result, it may be a few more months before I use the trailer.  

So if any of you would like to borrow it, just ask and return it to me undamaged.

Tom

Tom

• 1 month later...

Pictures of your trailer would be nice :D I am on the other side of the Atlantic, so I will not use your generous offer, but I like to see other's ideas. I don't have my motorglider yet, and probably will not have it in the coming months, but like to play with the idea of having a trailer instead of renting a place in a hangar. 

Yearly Check  for renewing Technical certficate (ARC called in Tjechië)

I decided in consultation with Pure -flight to let my Yearly check be done by Operaaerospace in LKMB (Mlada Boleslav).

1 To perform a 100 hours inspection.

2 install a stby compas ( was not present on my plane).

3 Instal turbulator tape.

But  they found several complains.

1 All fuel lines had to be replaced . (quality)

2 Back of my AV Enginebox ( engine instruments) MAP connection was broken off.

3 left fueltank draing curtis seal was leaking.

4 They installed 2 deflectorplates on bottum of motorcooling to increase my CIT .

And yes they went from 75  degrees to about 80 degrees centigrade.

5 They installed original Rotax Airfilters.

For everyone's information , my plane was not manufactured by pure-flight but by their predecessor . 

( I have  building number 57).

To summaries , I am very satisfied with all the work Operaaerospace did  on my airplane.

Happy flights

Rob R

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be slow in responding for pictures of my trailer.

I will share them in the next couple of weeks. 

My general impression is that putting the Phoenix in the trailer each fight is a difficult choice. 

It will take an hour to put it in the trailer and an hour to get its out.  

Tom