Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)
Alison

Straton D-7 Motor glider

Alison

I need some help..my husband left me a Straton D-7. I have no idea how much it is worth or how to market it for sale.

Alison

I need some help..my husband left me a Straton D-7. I have no idea how much it is worth or how to market it for sale.

Thermalseeker

The Straton D-7 is a homebuilt motorglider. So, resale value is difficult to determine. It will depend on the condition of both the airframe and the engine, as well as who manufactured the engine. Total flight time on the airframe and engine are important to list, as is any damage history that it might have. I've seen D-7's advertised in the $15,000-$20,000 range, but I don't know if that is what the selling price or the asking price. When you are ready to advertise it be sure you include a picture if you have one of it set up. Even better, post one of it flying.

There are three aviation classified ad websites I recall off the top of my head that you might want to consider for advertising:

www.barnstormers.com (modest fee, lists all manner of aircraft and has a special section for gliders and motorgliders)

www.wingsandwheels.com (free, generally only lists sailplanes and motorgliders and has a separate page dedicated to motorgliders)

www.tradeaplane.com (modest fee, one of the oldest and widely read aviation want ad publications, lists all manner of aircraft and has a special section for gliders and motorgliders)

Good luck with it. Feel free to contact me off list if I can be of further assistance.

Thermalseeker

The Straton D-7 is a homebuilt motorglider. So, resale value is difficult to determine. It will depend on the condition of both the airframe and the engine, as well as who manufactured the engine. Total flight time on the airframe and engine are important to list, as is any damage history that it might have. I've seen D-7's advertised in the $15,000-$20,000 range, but I don't know if that is what the selling price or the asking price. When you are ready to advertise it be sure you include a picture if you have one of it set up. Even better, post one of it flying.

There are three aviation classified ad websites I recall off the top of my head that you might want to consider for advertising:

www.barnstormers.com (modest fee, lists all manner of aircraft and has a special section for gliders and motorgliders)

www.wingsandwheels.com (free, generally only lists sailplanes and motorgliders and has a separate page dedicated to motorgliders)

www.tradeaplane.com (modest fee, one of the oldest and widely read aviation want ad publications, lists all manner of aircraft and has a special section for gliders and motorgliders)

Good luck with it. Feel free to contact me off list if I can be of further assistance.

Thermalseeker

The Straton D-7 is a homebuilt motorglider. So, resale value is difficult to determine. It will depend on the condition of both the airframe and the engine, as well as who manufactured the engine. Total flight time on the airframe and engine are important to list, as is any damage history that it might have. I've seen D-7's advertised in the $15,000-$20,000 range, but I don't know if that is the selling price or the asking price. When you are ready to advertise it be sure you include a picture if you have one of it set up. Even better, post one of it flying.

Thermalseeker

The Straton D-7 is a homebuilt motorglider. So, resale value is difficult to determine. It will depend on the condition of both the airframe and the engine, as well as who manufactured the engine. Total flight time on the airframe and engine are important to list, as is any damage history that it might have. I've seen D-7's advertised in the $15,000-$20,000 range, but I don't know if that is the selling price or the asking price. When you are ready to advertise it be sure you include a picture if you have one of it set up. Even better, post one of it flying.