Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Fournier Aerobatics

Steve Sliwa

Collin started by loading some Blue Voltige photos online. So I created an album for holding them, plus a category called aerobatics. Perhaps we can collect up some great videos too. You can insert them with the tool that looks like the film. You only need the link location and the embedding will be handled for you.

Here is one of my favorites I spotted online with an Open-Cockpit Fournier doing aerobatics:

That's super Steve, thanks.

I wonder if 'Fournier Bob' is Bob Grimstead? Interesting open cockpit Fournier too. I saw pictures somewhere recently of an RF5, more or less all white with tandem open cockpits. An Italian registration I think - or was it Austrian ? - must check.

The front decking in the video looked right to me for an RF5, since I could see no RF4 type canopy line, but I thougt the roll rate faster than I'd have expected with an RF-5. My machine is the larger span, non-aerobatic RF5B, so maybe I'm biased about roll rates !

Regards,

John Bisset (G-KCIG)