Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Hello! Interested in TMG's and Glider Pilot Certification

JRogers

Hello,

My name is Josh. I am new to the world of gliders and motor gliders and touring motor gliders. I am a law enforcement officer with 12 years in and I also have a little flight training. I researched a lot about the LSA certificate and decided that the glider certificate with self launch would prove a better fit for the kind of flying that I want to do. I like to be able to fly at night and above the clouds. My only concern is my size. I'm' a large fellow...I'm about 5'9" and weigh in at around 260 lbs.. Is this type of training and certification feasible for someone of my stature? I have contacted an instructor in the Memphis, TN area and he says yes and he will be back in town in a few days for us to talk more, but I just wanted to hear any one else experience about his situation. I contacted Sporty's a while back and the instructor did every thing but laugh and said absolutely not and then tried to sell me on LSA which I'm not putting down, but I just think the the glider with self launch would serve me better.

Thanks,

Josh Rogers

Hello,

My name is Josh. I am new to the world of gliders and motor gliders and touring motor gliders. I am a law enforcement officer with 12 years in and I also have a little flight training. I researched a lot about the LSA certificate and decided that the glider certificate with self launch would prove a better fit for the kind of flying that I want to do. I like to be able to fly at night and above the clouds. My only concern is my size. I'm' a large fellow...I'm about 5'9" and weigh in at around 260 lbs.. Is this type of training and certification feasible for someone of my stature? I have contacted an instructor in the Memphis, TN area and he says yes and he will be back in town in a few days for us to talk more, but I just wanted to hear any one else experience about his situation. I contacted Sporty's a while back and the instructor did every thing but laugh and said absolutely not and then tried to sell me on LSA which I'm not putting down, but I just think the the glider with self launch would serve me better.

Thanks,

Josh Rogers