Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Grob 109 "A" side/front window vents wanted

Richard Pearl

• 3 weeks later...

I have two new canopy halves with the vents in them, trying to decide whether to install them (front of my existing ones cracked in the usual places) or sell them (haven't decided, not sure how involved it would be to replace them).

Thanks, and please keep me posted. The front vents are just a bad design. If I were having a new canopy blown I would not include them, but enlarge the side vents.

I'm also thinking about is re-ducting the air intake from the cabin heat source to a fresh air external source...hopefully without cutting into the cowling area. Possibly use the external starter opening for a scoop (at least this is a potential for the G109 "A"). Another thing is to use a "poor man's air conditioner" that my mechanic built me two years ago - ice and water in a small chest that goes through a radiator and then is ducted out providing cool air. I'm in the Sacramento area and it gets HOT herein the summer.

• 9 months later...