Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Inexpensive ADSB Solution

fbernaby

I've been researching ADSB systems trying to find the most cost effective configuration.

I currently have a TT21 S Mode transponder in my SF25C and need a WAAS GPS to complete the ADSB Out requirement. The Trig solution uses a TN70 for about $3200.

Recently I found several NavWorks devices such as the ADS600-B Transceiver and ADS600 Receiver. The ADS600 Receiver contains a WAAS GPS which is compatible with both the TT21 and 740 GPS.

The 740 GPS can serve as a front end to control the ADS600 and also display the FIS-B and TIS-B data. The WAAS GPS can send position data to the TT21.

So I get both ADSB Out and In for only $1490. This is a bargain!!

Combining the ADS600-B Transceiver with the 740 GPS give you a compliant ADSB solution for under $2500.

• 6 months later...

I have also been researching ADS-B systems for my Carat motor glider.

I currently have a Microair T2000SFL with an Ameri-King altitude encoder.  Does anyone have a suggestion for an ADS-B compliant replacement?  There is not a lot of room behind the instrument panel in the Carat.  The only one that I can find that looks like it might fit is the TRIG 21 or 31 which has a compact control head and includes a built-in altitude encoder.

Joe L.

kalopa@hawaiiantel.net