Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Lambada- upgrade to feathering prop?

John001

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at buying a Lambada here in Europe. The one that's for sale that I'm interested in has a Woodcomp SR200 prop on it which I understand is ground adjustable only.

Is it possible to install a feathering prop )as I want to use it for soaring) and if so is it expensive?

Regards,

John.

Limerick, Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest airusa

I tried to answer this question before. By looking at the blog I do not see my response. But yes, the Woodcomp Varia 160/2R is a ground adjustable propeller, and inflight it will feather with the pull of a lever inside of the cockpit. You will have to purchase the mechanism to do the feathering from Distar CZ.  www.distar.cz  The web site has all of the information that will need to contact them.

Further information on this subject is now there are two different propellers,  the old type with an updated overhaul, of which I have one for sale, and the new type propeller by Woodcomp.  The new type is a little more expensive than the older type.  If you need more information contact me at joekulbeth.airusa@gmail.com and I will send photos and other information as requested.

I can promise you that a feathering propeller is a lot more fun. 

Joe Kulbeth   AIRUSA  joekulbeth.airusa@gmail.com.   cell phone 559-960-7873

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dear friend!

If you need help or just more info about installation of feathering prop on Lambada in Ireland you can also contact Matthew Tormey from Abbeyshrule EIAB :-)

Best regards!

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your advice- I went to see him recently. Very helpful indeed.

Do you have one of these aircraft?

@Joe; I sent you an email. Thanks for your help.

• 5 years later...
On 8/1/2016 at 12:18 AM, Martin Stepanek said:

Hello dear friend!

If you need help or just more info about installation of feathering prop on Lambada in Ireland you can also contact Matthew Tormey from Abbeyshrule EIAB :-)

Best regards!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Question: I own Lambada SN 111/13 paint?  Is it gel coat or catalyzed polyurethane?  I saw reference to T35 MGS somewhere......Hexion MGS T 35 gelcoat polyester?

Tim