Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Can I fly without a medical in a glider to Canada ?

Kmotexas

• 3 weeks later...

AOPA has good general info regarding flight to Canada on their website, and it would be worth a call to them to determine all the regs regarding the specific issue of glider flight across the border.  Much will depend on which license type you are flying on I believe.  Where do you plan to go?

Dave Glosser

I have family living in Winnipeg and Kelowa, BC. Flying Houston, TX  - Winnipeg, MA is just up North - did it in my Bonanza in 9hrs. Flying to Kelowa,BC gives me two option. Houston,TX - Denver,CO - Lethbridge,AB - taking the South Rocky Maintain VFR route or North Rocky Mountain VFR route over Penticton,BC to Kelowa. Never wend the North Rocky Mountain VFR route from Calgary, AB. - Kelowa,BC. Weather is very tricky around Revelstoke most of the time. When weather is bad East of the Rocky's I'm flying West of the Rocky's over Las Vegas - Boise -  Spokane -  Kelowa. Both were two day trips in my Bonanza. Guessing flying this in a Ximango will turn to a three day trip......

Klaus