Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

X-Plane simulator model

edwalker

You're going to love this if you are an X-Plane user. There is now a Phoenix you can fly from your desk! I downloaded it, and it's a lot of fun. Some of the details are not perfect, but it's still a nice rainy day substitute, and it's only $8. Here's a video someone made:

• Registered

Maybe my next plane should be (an) X-Plane (with a Phoenix)! I was hoping the video would show a landing, but apparently flying around with spoilers open was for some other purpose. How realistic is it when landing? That's my main interest. That, and getting them to use a MUCH smaller piece of tape on the yaw string!

I hope VSKYLabs can be talked into providing a Phoenix model a Dynon Skyview, and that might not be difficult if they already have a SkyView plugin that's used with other aircraft. Having SkyView would useful, but the major value is a Phoenix that flies like Phoenix.

I love the graphics on the Phoenix - wonder what that would cost for my Phoenix?