Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Glider training and self launch training in the NW USA

Halcon

I am in the process of purchasing a Fournier RF-5 this month and need to complete my glider rating and obtain a self launch endorsement sometime within the next month.  Does anyone know of any commercial glider training schools operating during the winter months in the Northwest, USA?  I hold ATP and CFI licenses and logged over 28,000 hours.  I had to discontinue my glider rating due to relocation and personal reasons.  I am trying to find a commercial flight school that offers training in the Northwest, USA and operates during the winter months.  I live in Washington State but I would travel to Oregon State to finish my glider training and also obtain a self launch endorsement in a rental motor glider.  Does anyone know of a school doing this training here in the NW, USA? I need to complete this training within a month or two so I can fly my Fournier motor glider after completing the purchase.

• Registered

The ASA       (Auxiliary-powered Sailplane Association) has a list of potential motorglider instructors:

https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/licensing-and-training#TOC-Washington

Start there, and if you find errors in the list, or additions for the list, please let me know, and I will update the list. You can definitely get training if you are willing to travel outside OR/WA, in CA or AZ.

Halcon

Wonderful. I have an FR-4d and an L-13 SEH, here in Oregon at Twin Oaks Airport (7S3) near Hillsboro, OR. Better yet, I know Collin in MacMinnville. OR  (MMV)  who owns an RF-5b and who is one of the best motor glider pilots anywhere. He has been very helpful with my motor glider students and pilots sent to me for motor glider training by the FAA. I have flown RF-5's in Italy and the US. Great aircraft!  I am also a CFI A and G. So whatever you want or need we can do. My number is 503.888.1600.  Robert Brock