Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Dynon Skyview Dual Frequency ADS-B Receiver Firmware Update

mikeschumann

Dynon just released a new Skyview Firmware Update a couple of weeks ago that is suppose to fix some significant problems with the dual frequency ADS-B receiver.  Based on what is posted in the Dynon forums, it sounds like they are also eventually going to come up with a hardware revision to solve some additional problems.  No details yet on that, but the tone of the posts implied that it would be no cost exchange for those of us who were on the bleeding edge and got the 1st batch of dual frequency receivers.

I installed the update a couple of days ago, and it does appear to significantly increase the number of ADS-B targets that I see.  I would strongly encourage you to upgrade if you have a dual frequency receiver.  Note:  What is not obvious, is that after you do the update to the Skyview System, you need to go into the ADS-B setup screen to actually download the new firmware into the dual frequency ADS-B receiver.