Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)
jimA

Location of Pitch Servo

jimA

It's been a while since I've been under the baggage floor and I don't remember if the AP Pitch servo is located there. Hate to take all that apart to find out it's somewhere else. The sheer screw has failed and I'll be replacing it this week. It's a U15.

Thanks

Eric Greenwell

My pictures show the pitch servo under the baggage floor, essentially centered.

Jim Lee

Hi Jim,

Eric is right.  The pitch servo is under the baggage floor.  The roll servo is under the right seat pan.

You should email me.  If indeed the servo shear screw has failed, this is the first case in a Phoenix, and there is a good chance that something else is amiss.

Cheers,

Jim

jimA
2 hours ago, Jim Lee said:

Hi Jim,

Eric is right.  The pitch servo is under the baggage floor.  The roll servo is under the right seat pan.

You should email me.  If indeed the servo shear screw has failed, this is the first case in a Phoenix, and there is a good chance that something else is amiss.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim, Once I get a look at it I'll email or give you a call. It exhibits all the symptoms of the shear screw and I know there's two versions of the screw out there. The newer one is intended to fix a premature failure.