Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

TMG's in Canada

rayjb60

I added the Canadian Grob109's from the Canadian aircraft registry. We gained 3 Grobs on the forum map.

I was surprised how few TMG's there are in Canada. Perhaps there's an untapped market, or maybe the tax or flight rules are not favorable for them?

All the TMG's combined are 129 compared to the US 630 TMG's.

I suppose the number of TMG's by population is much greater in Canada. 129/34,000,000 vs 630/311,000,000

Canada: 1 TMG owner per 263,565 people

USA: 1 TMG owner per 493,650 people

So in retrospect, Canadians like TMG's more. :cool:

I will be going through the Canadian Database and adding TMG's to the various forums and the world map over the next few weeks.

If you are from the UK or Europe and have a source of data for me I'd love to map them as well.

I only found pay sources and don't want to incur costs on our non-profit TMGA organization if at all possible.

Perhaps I'll write some nice letters and beg or barter some free data eventually.

I'd think Sales people in the TMG industry could get a nice picture of their target audience and maybe can help with data as well.

Just a reminder that all mapping is only to the postal code area to ensure adequate privacy except where users have submitted their own coordinates.

I added the Canadian Grob109's from the Canadian aircraft registry. We gained 3 Grobs on the forum map.

I was surprised how few TMG's there are in Canada. Perhaps there's an untapped market, or maybe the tax or flight rules are not favorable for them?

All the TMG's combined are 129 compared to the US 630 TMG's.

I suppose the number of TMG's by population is much greater in Canada. 129/34,000,000 vs 630/311,000,000

Canada: 1 TMG owner per 263,565 people

USA: 1 TMG owner per 493,650 people

So in retrospect, Canadians like TMG's more. :cool:

I will be going through the Canadian Database and adding TMG's to the various forums and the world map over the next few weeks.

If you are from the UK or Europe and have a source of data for me I'd love to map them as well.

I only found pay sources and don't want to incur costs on our non-profit TMGA organization if at all possible.

Perhaps I'll write some nice letters and beg or barter some free data eventually.

I'd think Sales people in the TMG industry could get a nice picture of their target audience and maybe can help with data as well.

Just a reminder that all mapping is only to the postal code area to ensure adequate privacy except where users have submitted their own coordinates.