Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

OK, let me test it...

Nicolas Neuss

Hello,

probably most of those reading this forum also read the Yahoo group "taifun17e" which is shuting down.  I thought about installing a mailing list as replacement, but Peter (goflysoon) threw in some legitimate doubts about this endeavour and suggested to use this forum instead if there are no significant advantages.

One of the possible advantages is that I surely get everything that is posted immediately.  Therefore, with this post (and maybe also others following it) I want to see if I get notified about it being put into the forum.

Regards,

Nicolas Neuss

Hm, I was not notified of the above message by email.  But I hope that I changed the notification settings such that I get at least a mail with the content of the day within 24 hours.  Let us see...

Thanks, flyingcircus.

I have got an email notification for your reply to my message, because I was following my own topic.

However, I am not sure if I get these notifications if someone else posts something on a new topic.  At least, I did not see a preference which clearly made that possible.

Could you maybe start a new topic as a test?

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi Peter,

thank you for the test message.  Up to now I was not notified.

Probably they want to avoid sending out too many messages for busy groups, and thus provide notification only in a daily bulk message.

Regards,

Nicolas

• 4 months later...

At least I am following it.  And I was notified of your message rapidly.  IMO, it is not as convenient as a mailing list, but I can live with it.

I also created a mailing list at freelists.org as a possible replacement for the Yahoo group.  At the moment 22 Taifun pilots are following it:

https://www.freelists.org/list/taifun17e

However, there is not much traffic there as well.