Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Fuel Cap seals

Barry.h

For the last few weeks I have been keeping my Phoenix at a closer-to-home airport using the complete set of covers I have. We had some heavy rain, and after I found some water in my fuel sampler on one side. I think I need to replace the seals in the caps.

Does anyone know the specification of the o-rings or seals used in the caps?

Thanks.

Barry

#21 in Australia

Hi Barry, 

I am happy to take careful measurments the next time I at my plane.  It might take a couple of weeks since the weather here is not great.

Seems a good chance that they are metric.

In my view the size is to easy question.  The more important question is the material.  

Jim, I am guessing you know the answer to this question.  

I actually would like to suggest that JMB needs to answer this as their first demonstration about how they are committed to supporting the fleet.  

Ed, perhaps you also know the answer but I would suggest that it is time for JMB to make it clear that they have this. 

Tom

The material is petrol-resistant (Natural 95-100) rubber marked 4-12046670.  I am working on getting the sizes to save shipping to Australia.  

Paul - JMB Aircraft

Thanks Paul.

Barry, it will not be much help for you but a good source of US O-Rings is Apple Rubber.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Paul at JMB very promptly got me the seal details ... 35mm x 4mm Viton. Apparently NBR is OK too.

Purchased locally and now fitted. Hopefully no more water in the fuel!

Barry.