Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Observation: Ideal Battery for Touring Motor Gliders

I use the Odyssey PC925 which is much stronger than the equivalent Concorde or Gill batteries. It has a much longer life, longer shelf life (recharges after disuse in less than 10 minutes), temperature capability down to -40F/C, more powerful for it's weight (lighter than the Concorde or Gill), because it's a sealed battery (basically dry cell) no leakage or gas problems, and it's cheaper than the Concorde or Gill. I've done some investigating including talking with Odyssey representatives and I believe this is the best type of battery for Touring Motor Glider operations.

Edited by Ron Snedecor

Hey Ron,

Did you have to do a 337?

I've got an Odyssey in my Europa. PWC battery. It spins the crap out of my Jabiru.

Keep an eye on Sunday, Ted. Potential south wave day.

Regards,

John Lawton

Whitwell, TN (TN89)

Ximango #135

• 3 months later...
I use the Odyssey PC925 which is much stronger than the equivalent Concorde or Gill batteries. It has a much longer life, longer shelf life (recharges after disuse in less than 10 minutes), temperature capability down to -40F/C, more powerful for it's weight (lighter than the Concorde or Gill), because it's a sealed battery (basically dry cell) no leakage or gas problems, and it's cheaper than the Concorde or Gill. I've done some investigating including talking with Odyssey representatives and I believe this is the best type of battery for Touring Motor Glider operations.

Ron,

are you using this battery in your Ximango?

Horst Stratmann

Ron,

are you using this battery in your Ximango?

Horst Stratmann

I also use an Odessy in the Grob 109 (625 model) and the RF4D (325 model).

Those batteries are awesome and are impossible to kill. I have had one sitting partially discharged for over a year and it comes back to full capacity in one charge. Try that with a lead acid type.

I use 625 models in the Seadoo's as well which I typically don't charge all winter and have killed numerous lead acid batteries .

I also use an Odessy in the Grob 109 (625 model) and the RF4D (325 model).

Those batteries are awesome and are impossible to kill. I have had one sitting partially discharged for over a year and it comes back to full capacity in one charge. Try that with a lead acid type.

I use 625 models in the Seadoo's as well which I typically don't charge all winter and have killed numerous lead acid batteries .

• 9 months later...