You are the chief airplane washer at the company hangar and you:
- Hook high pressure hose up to the soap suds machine.
- Turn the machine "on".
- Receive an important call and have to leave work to go home.
- As you depart for home, you yell to Don, your assistant, "Don, turn it off."
- Assistant Don thinks he hears, "Don't turn it off." Heshrugs, and leaves the area right after you.
- Refer to the picture for the results.
As with any occupation, make sure personnel have a clear understanding of what you are communicating!