Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

H36 Dimona in North America?

Lozzer

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Laurie (Laurence) from Sydney, Australia and the proud co-owner of an H36 Dimona. My first motor glider flying was in the only Vivat in Australia.

I see there is pic of a Vivat posted in the MG directory.

We have maybe a couple of dozen H36 Dimonas in Australia but I'm not aware of any flying in the US or Canada.

Would anyone know if there are?

Many Thanks

Laurie

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Laurie (Laurence) from Sydney, Australia and the proud co-owner of an H36 Dimona. My first motor glider flying was in the only Vivat in Australia.

I see there is pic of a Vivat posted in the MG directory.

We have maybe a couple of dozen H36 Dimonas in Australia but I'm not aware of any flying in the US or Canada.

Would anyone know if there are?

Many Thanks

Laurie

Hi Laurie

Welcome aboard and thanks for the posts. If you look in the forum for Dimona's you will see that TMGA member Ray Buhr has posted a map of the Dimona's in the US. Interestingly I think we had 2 Super Dimona's (HK36) and one Dimona (H36) attend our recent fly-in in Minden Nevada.

Cheers,

Steve

As mentioned, I thought the picture you posted of your Dimona next to the Boeing 747 was terrific - great contrast. Note in the future when you upload pictures you can put them in your album but also, if of interest, simultaneously in other categories (albums), for example, the Dimona category.

Hi Laurie

Welcome aboard and thanks for the posts. If you look in the forum for Dimona's you will see that TMGA member Ray Buhr has posted a map of the Dimona's in the US. Interestingly I think we had 2 Super Dimona's (HK36) and one Dimona (H36) attend our recent fly-in in Minden Nevada.

Cheers,

Steve

As mentioned, I thought the picture you posted of your Dimona next to the Boeing 747 was terrific - great contrast. Note in the future when you upload pictures you can put them in your album but also, if of interest, simultaneously in other categories (albums), for example, the Dimona category.

He Steve,

As luck would have it, the first flag that I opened on Ray's map was the H36. As bad luck would have it it is located near Seattle and I was in Seattle only last year.

There doesnt appear to be too many Dimonas in the US unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback on the pics. Have lots more nice shots of flying the MG around this country. Your readers will be intrigued with the Morning Glory shots. Check out www.morninggloryaustralia.com. The site is owned by one of my partners in our Dimona and he was one of the first two glider pilots to soar the Moring Glory.

Laurie

He Steve,

As luck would have it, the first flag that I opened on Ray's map was the H36. As bad luck would have it it is located near Seattle and I was in Seattle only last year.

There doesnt appear to be too many Dimonas in the US unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback on the pics. Have lots more nice shots of flying the MG around this country. Your readers will be intrigued with the Morning Glory shots. Check out www.morninggloryaustralia.com. The site is owned by one of my partners in our Dimona and he was one of the first two glider pilots to soar the Moring Glory.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

There is a Dimona here in the Chattanooga, TN, area. I have seen it flying once or twice over at Chilhowee gliderport in Benton, TN, and briefly shared a thermal with him/her a couple of years ago at Chilhowee's Octoberfest fly-in. I don't know the current owner, but the previous owner used to keep a Jantar at my strip and was a member of our now defunct club the Sequatchie Soaring Society. I've not seen the Dimona flying here in the Sequatchie Valley, but I have heard from other pilots in the area that it has been sighted here, too.

Regards,

John Lawton

Whitwell, TN (TN89)

Ximango #135

Hi Laurie,

There is a Dimona here in the Chattanooga, TN, area. I have seen it flying once or twice over at Chilhowee gliderport in Benton, TN, and briefly shared a thermal with him/her a couple of years ago at Chilhowee's Octoberfest fly-in. I don't know the current owner, but the previous owner used to keep a Jantar at my strip and was a member of our now defunct club the Sequatchie Soaring Society. I've not seen the Dimona flying here in the Sequatchie Valley, but I have heard from other pilots in the area that it has been sighted here, too.

Regards,

John Lawton

Whitwell, TN (TN89)

Ximango #135

Hi John,

Many thanks for the advice of a Dimona operating in your area.

I am surprised that there are so few flying in North America. It seems that the biggest concentrations of them are in Europe and Oz. I do believe that there is one in Ireland.

Perhaps forum members could comment on this?

Laurie

Sydney Australia

Hi John,

Many thanks for the advice of a Dimona operating in your area.

I am surprised that there are so few flying in North America. It seems that the biggest concentrations of them are in Europe and Oz. I do believe that there is one in Ireland.

Perhaps forum members could comment on this?

Laurie

Sydney Australia

• 7 months later...

I own and maintain a H-36 Dimona in Polson, Montana, N191BZ. Love it, and have added a PIK20E to the fleet for cross-country performance. My personal best in BZ is a 90 mile XC without a relight, and a couple flights to 14000 feet MSL with good thermals.

A good friend also has an H-36 in Ephrata, WA that I maintain for him.

Michael Stockhill

I own and maintain a H-36 Dimona in Polson, Montana, N191BZ. Love it, and have added a PIK20E to the fleet for cross-country performance. My personal best in BZ is a 90 mile XC without a relight, and a couple flights to 14000 feet MSL with good thermals.

A good friend also has an H-36 in Ephrata, WA that I maintain for him.

Michael Stockhill