Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Outage for 2 days

Steve Sliwa

Sorry to report that I attempted a software upgrade last night and it failed.  So I got the hosting service to reinstall the system back about 48 hours.  It is working, but a few messages and posts are missing from the last day or so.

Unfortunately, this is the problem.  We have to update software, else nefarious hackers will penetrate not only our system, but the server.  Most upgrades are mandatory to close vulnerabilities to such hackers.  Doing the upgrade might require dedicated debugging time of anywhere from 8 to 40 hours and perhaps working with the software package company.  

I fear we are nearing end of life for this website unless there are interested parties in taking it on or moving the data to another service.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally refuse to use FaceBook.  My argument is that it seems every decision they make is round optimizing revenue at the expense of its users.  However, if someone wants to restart this community, there, that is OK.  It could also be at Google groups or other locations.