Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Facebook - Motor Glider

Aleks

Just as a sideline I've created a group called Motor Glider on Facebook in the event anyone who might already have a Facebook account and wants to post Motor Glider related information or pictures.  All motor gliding enthusiasts are welcome.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only goal we have is to try and stimulate open discussion amongst the relatively small touring motor glider community.  Not looking to take anything away from anyone, but rather to join and help promote dialog and exchange experiences and ideas between pilots and owners of these unique aircrafts.  Just added a shout out on Facebook for the motorgliders.org website with a link back to this  website.

• 5 weeks later...

In my view we all need to stick together and be able to communicate with others who either are or would like to become motor glider owner/pilots.  

One thing you will find here that you won't find on Facebook is the archives. Steve Sliwa has done an excellent job of cataloging a lot of specific information for the various designs. That data archive really needs to be protected. It is an invaluable resource for those who own motorgliders where the manufacturer is no longer in business and paperwork is scarce.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, the data can be downloaded and moved to FaceBook.  The organizers will need to do that.

I don't use FaceBook anymore.  I know that if the company has to choose between doing the right thing and money, they will pick money every time.  IMHO.