Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Grob H3 Support Access

El_Guapo

Does anybody know how you get registered user access to Grob/H3 support? 

I acquired a 109A and am working through the active Airworthiness Directives. None of the Grob service instructions or technical manuals (rudder damper is one example) are on their website and I can't find them anywhere else (Including the files section here). 

Thanks for any help, 

• 4 weeks later...

Steve, 

I have those and they are incomplete. I suspect the balance of those which I need are in the next category below that which purport to be 109A specific. Grob gave me one initial reply and then nothing. I ended up going to the FAA Small Aircraft Directorate to get a "Well, it's an old aircraft and support may not be timely", but I did get another response.

There are at least three ADs that have not been done and some others which are recurring that will need to be completed before this aircraft is again airworthy. 

I am in my 60s and I'd like to fly it for a year or two before I drop dead but at the present rate things aren't looking very optimistic. 

Sounds frustrating, sorry to hear that. 

Many of the service bulletins specify that they apply to both the 109 and 109B so I guess I assumed it would be available within the the list of files. For example, MSB817-70 inspection of the tail gear mounting bracket, required annually, is applicable to both models.

I feel your pain however, I bought my 109B in September and between addressing outstanding ADs, a failed tach and then a Mode C/ADS-B transponder installation (required in Las Vegas), I wasn’t flying it until late December. Right now the glider is in top shape but I’m concerned about ongoing support.

Let me know if I can help, I have a lot of technical paperwork from the previous owner, so maybe I have something you need.