Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Jim Lee Retires

Jim Lee

No, I didn't get new tires for my car.  I am retired from aircraft sales with Jonker Sailplanes and Phoenix Air in order to pursue competition and record flying to a greater extent.  Well, try to anyway.  I just notified the SSA competition committee that I am stepping down from my US Team position at the World Gliding Championships in Hungary this summer due to the nearby war in Ukraine and the uncertainty that it brings to the area.

I will still continue to support my awesome Phoenix customers with information, parts, and training.

Ed Babovec is the new US agent for Pure Flight, which is producing the Phoenix.  Ed is an A&P mechanic and pilot with experience importing aircraft from Europe.  You can find his contact info on the Phoenixairusa.com website.  I wish Ed and Pure Flight continued success with the Phoenix.

Kathy and I will hang onto our Phoenix until I can't fly anymore.  I look forward to some backcountry flying and fly fishing with the new larger tires which turn the Phoenix into a bush plane, of all things.

My email address is now leejim17@yahoo.com  

Cheers,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...