Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Need Flight Instructor East Coast for 109B checkout

xintersecty

I just bought a 109B and ferry it down from Michigan.  Lee Larder helped with the ferry and provided instruction on the way. However he did not sign me off.  As a CFI, I would say I am not ready as exhibited poor directional control with taxing and landing.  Is there any body in SC Georgia Area who could spend a few hours with me that has experience in a 109B?

image.thumb.jpeg.8716f1267b58c8f8989a2bb78d5d1570.jpeg

Be sure to check the classifieds on this website.  Also, one of the advertisers on bottom of each page (Sky King Soaring) has been known to fly to people's site to help them with their training needs.  Good luck!

On 5/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, sheridan9sc said:

Stoney Truett is a CFI-G who certified us when we had a Phoenix. He lives in Columbia, SC,  email is stoneytruett54@gmail.com.

Thank you very MUCH!  This might be a big help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All, just as a follow up, I worked with Phil in Tuscon and received some very good instruction.  I got where I can put the plane on the ground but it's ugly. 😄 So if you need a GROB 109B checkout, I would connect up with Phil.