Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Picked up my Phoenix from PureFlight in Tsjech Republic

Robert

Last week I went to the Tsjech Republic to pick up my brand new Phoenix from Pure Flight. I first flew 5 days with Petr Bezděk, Pure Flight's excellent instructor (and much more!), then passed my Tsjech MLA licence exam and then ferried the plane home to the Netherlands. It was a great experience and I am very happy with my new plane!. The guys at Pure Flight (Petr Marecek, Tomáš Plaček, people in production, etc.) were very helpful. reliable and friendly. Everything was taken care of....

I can once again highly recommend the new owners and team....Plus, my plane was the first they equipped with mylar and tabulator tape, apparently a great difference (as could also be seen on the computer simulations Pure Flight made)

All in all a very positive experience!!

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Robert!  Throw in a picture of the panel if you can.  I'm curious if the set up is any different from a few years ago.  How long was it from deposit to delivery?

-Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Interested on how they taught you to land. I use a power off spoiler only landing both short and long tips. Flaps cause weird aileron issues for me so i land clean with spoilers as my "Throttle". Also do they soar with any degree of flaps? i have mixed feels. once again loss of flaperon control at lower speeds. Btw Congrats

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my late replays!

@alexress99: From deposit to delivery was some 5 months. Some delay because of Covid and Oekraine war. Do you mean instrument panel? If so, I will make a picture.

All instruments are Kanardia in the left pane plus a S80 e-vario. Middle panel Kanardia motor instrument plus radio and transponder and all push fuses, incl for the 2nd battery I use for the instruments when I am gliding. Flarm on top of the middle panel. Winter speed meter as back up in the right panel plus iPad holder. Ipad 11.9 inch with SkyDemon and SeeYou Navigator.

@mrsito: please see the post by Jim Lee

@Foley: I typically land my Phoenix in the long wing version with -10 flaperons, engine idle and full airbrakes. When it is gusty weather, I use -5 or 0 instead of -10