Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Prop Vibration hoffman

xintersecty

I just recently had a experience with prop vibration while climbing out.   I continued my climb until 300 feet AGL and then I idled back, turned around, and landed.  I called down to Aviation Propellers who did the overhaul 30 hours back in 2019.  The plane was not flown much until I took ownership. 

Grob owners what is the max RPM on the Grob Motor for your prop?  

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2022 at 8:51 AM, xintersecty said:

I just recently had a experience with prop vibration while climbing out.   I continued my climb until 300 feet AGL and then I idled back, turned around, and landed.  I called down to Aviation Propellers who did the overhaul 30 hours back in 2019.  The plane was not flown much until I took ownership. 

Grob owners what is the max RPM on the Grob Motor for your prop?  

Can Aviation Propellers do overhauls or re-conditioning here in North America? If so, would be be so kind as to provide their contact information? Thanks!

On 9/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, HiFlite said:

Can Aviation Propellers do overhauls or re-conditioning here in North America? If so, would be be so kind as to provide their contact information? Thanks!

I just got my prop back from them. They had inspected my prop and said there was nothing wrong...sigh.  As for the answer to your question, yes but maybe kinda 🙂 

Going over the work order for the prop in 2019.  It was taken apart by them and overhauled but they had to send the blades back to Hoffman in Germany for reconditioning.   Here is their website:  https://avpropellers.com/

Call Us Today! (305) 688-6030|Info@avprops.com

Call them and talk Jason about the specifics of the work that should be done.

• 1 year later...

My Phoenix stick was vibrating around 3300 rpm - 3500 rpm.  Later in the day stick vibrating @ 45-4800 rpm. When we landed later noticed bugs on one blade leading edge and not the other. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2023 at 5:14 PM, Foley said:

My Phoenix stick was vibrating around 3300 rpm - 3500 rpm.  Later in the day stick vibrating @ 45-4800 rpm. When we landed later noticed bugs on one blade leading edge and not the other. Any thoughts?

Since I got my prop back form inspection, I have been very careful with my RPM management.  I had not any issue with bugs throwing the prop out of balance. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 7:10 AM, xintersecty said:

Since I got my prop back form inspection, I have been very careful with my RPM management.  I had not any issue with bugs throwing the prop out of balance. 

turned out to be the set screw on one of the blades had sheared off causing one blade to over flatten.

1.jpg