Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Liability Insurance?

chris

I've used the Soaring Society of America's designated broker - Costello Insurance Associates (Tempe, AZ) - for the 13 years I've had my Grob 109. They work with the entire range of gliders, motor gliders and glider organizations (FBO's). Superb service and, when necessary, advice.

I've used the Soaring Society of America's designated broker - Costello Insurance Associates (Tempe, AZ) - for the 13 years I've had my Grob 109. They work with the entire range of gliders, motor gliders and glider organizations (FBO's). Superb service and, when necessary, advice.

Interesting. I had a very difficult time with Costello when I was towing gliders and running a small glider club out of my strip. Ditto the SSA, but that is another story. The final straw with Costello for us came when one of Costello's reps (Sue) suddenly and completely arbitrarily decided our club was a for-profit business (which virtually doubled the premiums for the Pawnee hull/liability, and more than doubled my airport grounds insurance). This was despite the fact that she was fully aware that we operated as a 501 C-7 "Not for Profit" entity and had done so for 27 years. I never did get a valid reason why, just incendiary BS from Sue with absolutely no basis in fact. She refused to bend, even after I showed her our club's IRS status. She basically said "I'm not going to write this any other way. Take it or leave it", and, as such, she drove me straight to LL Johns.

Interesting. I had a very difficult time with Costello when I was towing gliders and running a small glider club out of my strip. Ditto the SSA, but that is another story. The final straw with Costello for us came when one of Costello's reps (Sue) suddenly and completely arbitrarily decided our club was a for-profit business (which virtually doubled the premiums for the Pawnee hull/liability, and more than doubled my airport grounds insurance). This was despite the fact that she was fully aware that we operated as a 501 C-7 "Not for Profit" entity and had done so for 27 years. I never did get a valid reason why, just incendiary BS from Sue with absolutely no basis in fact. She refused to bend, even after I showed her our club's IRS status. She basically said "I'm not going to write this any other way. Take it or leave it", and, as such, she drove me straight to LL Johns.