Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Ed Babovec

Ed Babovec

Hello All,

I’ve spoken with a few of you in the past but would like to introduce myself to the remaining Phoenix owners.  Sorry for the delay.

My name is Ed Babovec, I live in Longmont, CO and part time in Port Bolivar, TX..  I became a glider pilot in 1981, and then a power pilot in 2004.  I received my LSRM-A license in 2010, my A&P license in 2012, and have specialized in the Rotax 912 series of engines for 15 years.                                                  

I met Jim Lee when he was representing the Lambada aircraft, and have stayed in touch since.  I’ll be honest upfront; I won’t be able to fill his shoes. He is, what I consider, one of the most knowledgeable persons regarding the Phoenix.  The good news is that he never hesitates to take my calls or emails, so what I don’t know, he probably will.  Since taking over in earnest in June, I have been in contact with the factory an average of every 2 days, including weekends. They are also very good about answering quickly, so hopefully between myself, Jim, PureFlight, and owners, we will be able to find a solution to any problems which might arise.  They are also coming out with some very innovative changes/improvements, which will make an already outstanding aircraft even better.  I will post them when they come to fruition.

Before coming on board, I was a sales representative for Pipistrel aircraft  (couldn’t talk Jim into hiring me), since 2011 until I took over for Jim,  and enjoyed the experience, delivered aircraft from Long Island to San Francisco, and parts in between.   I have always had a soft spot for the Phoenix, though.  My son and I flew down to Boerne, TX, in 2011 and met Jim as he was on his way west delivering a Phoenix.  What a gorgeous aircraft was my first impression.  

l am, as Jim was, the factory representative for the US, and will be happy to help with any upgrades or changes to your aircraft.  I’m also in the process of stocking parts that are replaced most often, so as to not cause a delay in getting you back in the air.  I know Jim has some parts left over as well.  I've R/R several parachutes/rockets in Lambada and Phoenix aircraft, as well as BRS and GRS components in other aircraft, and will be happy to assist.   I'm in the process of ordering some turbulator kits from the factory, so if anyone is interested, please contact me.  Also, I'm having a new website designed, (seems to be taking forever), and it will have the same address: www.phoenixairUSA.com.

Anyway, I won’t bore you any further about myself, so if you have any questions, regardless of how minor they may be, please don’t hesitate to contact me.  I will try my best to get back the same day.  

I'll also be checking this site daily, and will put my 2 cents in (make it 3 cents...inflation), when appropriate.

Best Regards,

Ed

7352E9EE-9D18-49FD-A0BE-902D9110C420_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.a03e1dc268b459788c57462acbd4f89e.jpeg46439A79-A722-4949-8B2B-F3F48D701C9F.jpeg.52d97c519e4d8c4932e867de7ddba13d.jpeg