Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Weight /Balance.

Rob

I installed the Turbulator kit 

I made only 1 flight since the installation but I think it is definitely an improvement. 

More directional control during start/landing.

And slower stallspeeds.

I heard that Pure flight was busy with an improvement of  the weight/balance  of the plane. ( increase the weight of the tailwheel).

I asked them why not put a weight in the place of the tailhook for those people who have no intension to do any glidertowing.

They answer that both are possible.

So this summer I fly to Tjechië and install the extra weight in the tailhook area.

I will keep you informed.

Greetings Rob

I checked with pure-flight, and they said both options are possible. 

a havier tailwheel and/or a weight in the towinghookarea ( for those who have no towinghook installed.)

grt Rob

• 3 weeks later...

My Phoenix definitely thermals better with weight far aft in the baggage compartment, so this tail weight addition is attractive.

If Pure Flight is reassessing the weight and balance per Rob's comments:

I heard that Pure flight was busy with an improvement of  the weight/balance  of the plane. ( increase the weight of the tailwheel).

I asked them why not put a weight in the place of the tailhook for those people who have no intension to do any glidertowing.

They answer that both are possible.

Then will we be able to add a specified weight in the unused tailhook area without a full weight and balance analysis and/or an LOA?