Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Tail Wheel problem

horst31

I have S/N 200-096 and the bell crank assemply of the tail wheel, Fig # 14, part # 32903 is broken. It looks like to get a new one from Aeromot might take some time if at all.

Does anyone know about a Ximango with the same tail wheel assembly which is no longer in flying condition, but could be used for parts?

Ant info or suggestion what to do would be appreciated.

Happ thermaling,

Horst Stratmann

N96SX

I have S/N 200-096 and the bell crank assemply of the tail wheel, Fig # 14, part # 32903 is broken. It looks like to get a new one from Aeromot might take some time if at all.

Does anyone know about a Ximango with the same tail wheel assembly which is no longer in flying condition, but could be used for parts?

Ant info or suggestion what to do would be appreciated.

Happ thermaling,

Horst Stratmann

N96SX

Sounds tough. Good luck tracking down the part.

As a last resort, I believe there is some provision in the FARs that permit some replacement parts to be manufactured by the owner and approved by the FAA. A DER might be able to advise if it applies in this case.

Sounds tough. Good luck tracking down the part.

As a last resort, I believe there is some provision in the FARs that permit some replacement parts to be manufactured by the owner and approved by the FAA. A DER might be able to advise if it applies in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

N96SX is flying again. The problem was not with the bellcrank assembly but with the spring figure # 19 which was cracked. Ximango used the design from Scott Model 3200 tailwheel and the spring was available from Spruce at $ 9.75. The only change we needed to make was to enlarge the hole in the spring a little bit so the lock pin would fit in. The steel part in Ximango’s bellcrank assembly is also from Scott. Only the aluminum fins are Ximango made.

Happy Thermaling

Horst Stratmann

N96SX

N96SX is flying again. The problem was not with the bellcrank assembly but with the spring figure # 19 which was cracked. Ximango used the design from Scott Model 3200 tailwheel and the spring was available from Spruce at $ 9.75. The only change we needed to make was to enlarge the hole in the spring a little bit so the lock pin would fit in. The steel part in Ximango’s bellcrank assembly is also from Scott. Only the aluminum fins are Ximango made.

Happy Thermaling

Horst Stratmann

N96SX

I've found quite a few parts on my Ximango that are straight out of the ACS catalog. Glad you were able to resolve the problem quickly and get back in the air!

We should start a list of alternative suppliers for parts like this as folks find suitable replacements.

I've found quite a few parts on my Ximango that are straight out of the ACS catalog. Glad you were able to resolve the problem quickly and get back in the air!

We should start a list of alternative suppliers for parts like this as folks find suitable replacements.