Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

AW: [G109_Pilots] Re: Electrical hangar trolley

Newshound

Actually I have been working on this idea for my Ximango as well. Here are some tailwheel tug options. I explored them for my Ximango, but couldn't convince myself they would fit due to tight clearances and long rudder from the tailwheel axis:

The guys at XimangoUSA designed and built a neat tow bar that connects to my Ximango. They use it to move Ximango's around with a golf cart. I don't have another use for a golf-cart and moving by hand is just slightly beyond my comfort zone, especially over lips, on hills, or when its wet or otherwise slippery. So I have been trying to find another powered option. Here are some that I found and I think I will implement one of these:

BTW for the Rolls Royce solution I use an iTowBot for my TBM. The problem is that the clearances are too tight for my Ximango and installing and de-installing the tow-bar option defeats the convenience factor. I love this device for my TBM. Although I love my Ximango, it seems too expensive to have one just dedicated to the Ximango with the trailer-hitch/tow-bar option permanently installed.

Here is the link to the iTowbot: link [Check out the videos.]

Edited by Webmaster
formatting lists

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Steve,

I will be moving my Ximango around shortly with a ride-on mower, without the blades turning. I'll use the same one to mow around the hanger. We have a KingAir at the airport that is moved successfully by a four wheel Ag bike.

Ray Tolhurst

VH-XJH

Camden (YCMD)

Australia