Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

Dynon 12.0

Art Daun

Just loaded 12.0. Found that it now takes 8-9 minutes for the fuel sensors to indicate correct quantity. After contacting Dynon and uploading diagnostics to them-here are the results.

Dynon has added a dampening function to the fuel levels because some planes would change fuel indications so quickly in turns that alarms would activate. This system just works too well in the Phoenix set up.

The fix is to make sure that the EM breaker is not deactivated until after Dynon shut down and is activated before Dynon power up. This will avoid the Dynon from sensing quick changes which activates dampening. Just leaving the EM breaker activated all the time will also alleviate the problem.

if anybody wants more info on my contact with Dynon, feel free to call me.

happy flying.

art Daun

910 253-5941

• Registered

The fix is to make sure that the EM breaker is not deactivated until after Dynon shut down and is activated before Dynon power up. This will avoid the Dynon from sensing quick changes which activates dampening. Just leaving the EM breaker activated all the time will also alleviate the problem.i

That's awkward for me: A single breaker operates the Dynon and the EMS module. I hope they fix it soon.

I am looking forward to the in-flight compass calibration that is one of the changes, but I haven't loaded ver. 12 yet, and might wait until the fuel quantity issue is resolved.

I don't think there will be a problem with one breaker energizing both the EMS and the EFIS. The dampening apparently goes into effect when a quick difference is detected.such as was happening when I had the EFIS energized without the EMS being energIzed.

• Registered
I don't think there will be a problem with one breaker energizing both the EMS and the EFIS. The dampening apparently goes into effect when a quick difference is detected.such as was happening when I had the EFIS energized without the EMS being energIzed.

Good point. The EMS would be operating before the EFIS has booted up. I'll install v.12 next time I'm at the hangar, and see if that works out, then try the in-flight compass calibration. I know my compass is off in some situations.