Touring Motor Gliders Association (TMGA)

ADS-B for Grob 109 / Grob 109B

Markus

Has anybody investigated the rules and requirements for making our Grob's ADS-B compliant?

In the field of GA suppliers of transponders or UAT978 systems get STCs for certain aircraft types.

Of course non of these lists include Grob or other motor gliders.

For example Trig-avionics (http://www.trig-avionics.com/support/u-s-ads-b-stc-program/) is collaborating with Peregrine www.peregrine.aero and published a list of airplanes.

Can I just go to a local avionics shop, get a new Trig 22 or Garmin mode ES transponder installed, add a WAAS GPS source and done? Can a local shop sign off such solution?

Any advise?

Best Regards

Markus

Generally avionics shops are able to work to get the Form 337s completed with the local FAA for the changes.  Although I don't have specific information on ADS-B, it seems like it would fall in the same category.

• 4 years later...

depends where you are located, local rules. I have a Funkewek 800 transponder fed with GPS data which gives ADSB out, but UK permits non SIL GPS sources for electronic conspicuity